Sign in to follow this  
Al Hoff

other VOTE 4 Best Fed Reserve

Best Fed  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This voting is for the best federal reserve contest found here-- all votes will be public. There were only a limited number of submissions so be thorough and watch the presentations the creators prepared as well as enjoy exploring the files in the EDEN editor. Feel free to give your comments and criticisms in response!

VOTING WILL BE ONGOING UNTIL 8PM EST THE 21ST

Download attached mission files to view in editor.

Submits.zip

How to actually view them in the eden editor

1. Navigate to your documents on your pc
  2. Locate the Arma 3 - Other profiles folder
  3. Choose your active profile (or one you want to use)
  4. Navigate to the missions folder within it
  5. Extract the 3 folders from the submits.zip
  6. Place the 3 folders in the missions folder
  7. Launch arma 3, be sure to use profile you moved the 3 folders to
  8. Start eden editor and choose tanoa and load in
  9. Click open and load a mission file, check it out, then load another

View AlboGravity's Video

Threw something together and this is what I ended up with. It could use some details aand art, but in my opinion it is great for defense and attack. An even balance.

View Dante's Video

Excuse some of my bad captions.

My federal reserve is located in the current spot of the maximum security prison so the prison would have to be moved somewhere else if my design were to be accepted (I believe this would be easy because a prisoner containment area can fit pretty much anywhere on Tanoa unlike a federal reserve). Although the federal reserve is relatively close to the Georgetown HQ, RPD would have to plan their departures well to prevent (for example) a helicopter full of officers from arriving and dying/securing the federal reserve before officers in land vehicles can arrive. This, I believe, presents and interesting strategic aspect that will have to be considered by all involved parties.

Design:
I designed the federal reserve to the best of my ability with balance in mind. Although the federal reserve may look like robbers can't get out easily or that the police can't get in easily, I can assure you that either side may "take" the federal reserve with planning. What good would a federal reserve be if it was too easy for either the RPD or a gang to control? Four guard towers are placed along the compound's perimeter, each one individually marked with a number for easy identification. The guard towers are all positioned to overlook key areas such as surrounding roads and inside the compound itself rather than mainly being cosmetic. Additionally, two barracks buildings provide hiding places for players to defend or retake the facility from. Three warehouses and an extra dome are also located on the premises (two of the warehouses are part of the map) and can be used for cover or storage of getaway vehicles. In my opinion, there are just enough buildings to be realistic without having too much going on or being overpowered for either side.

Weaknesses/Strengths:
Players are able to enter in the compound on foot if they go in through a poorly secured part of the perimeter. If required, I can produce a "map" that shows every possible way in, however, I would prefer not to as players wouldn't have to figure the ways in by themselves. The Tanoa volcano is roughly 800-1000m (depending on where you're looking at) away from the federal reserve, meaning that any player involved with the federal reserve may post up there and snipe. Although fort like, my federal reserve gives everyone an equal playing field.

As you can tell, the compound is mostly walled in, either by concrete wall or by rocks. Either side can drive through most portions of the wall (with proper vehicles), however, they must make sure that they can build up enough speed before driving through. Failure to do so may disable their vehicle or slow their vehicle down too much upon impact and result in the occupants' death/incarceration. The four guard towers located along the perimeter make excellent vantage points, however, two of them are easily viewable from the front of the compound and can get their shooters/lookouts killed if they aren't careful. The other two, which are located towards the rear of the compound, also provide good shooting/lookout points; Players in both of these towers can either kill or be killed easily if their target is inside of the compound (anywhere past the double double gates). 

This federal reserve is by no means set in stone, any parts of it can be added or removed if considered to be Tanoa's federal reserve. Please contact me if you have any question about the federal reserve, or download the attachment if you want to mess with it yourself.

View Roz's Video

Description:
My fed that I built is again, located on the hill where the Maximum Security Prison is located, if this fed were to be accepted the Prison would have to move somewhere but there are many places where it can be located, not the fed. This area has a few rock formations looking down into the Fed area, allowing multiple snipers, cop or rebel to take advantage of them, however nothing is OP, the few buildings and towers I had placed are good counter sniping spots that can really defend the fed, or be used against the rebels robbing the fed. All aspects of this fed have counters to them, allowing even combat and not giving too much help to either team. Cops are able to enter any side of the fed, as there is no outer wall, just a fence, however they will have to be smart going into the inner walls of the fed because there are many hiding spots and few entryways for them to enter. Once unique thing I added was a wall surrounding the air traffic tower inside of the dome in the center of the fed. This wall has 2 gates, allowing quick access but jhas no cover, the two other entrances take you through the wall, and are small house that give cops great cover or rebels great ambush spots. This fed that I built it laid back and dosent have all military walls or multiple domes/towers, stays more simple than some other builds. 

Pictures:  http://imgur.com/a/IbPFu
Video:

• Like 1

Love them all! Great work guys!

see i like roz inner fed but  dante's outer fed walls are nice.

To all three videos... Why have good perimeter walls and synthetically created chokepoints when they are useless because of the ability to knock them down? You can create open portions of the wall for foot mobiles by turning some pieces over or creating fake destruction along the wall, (albo I think I saw this in your video) positioning fake debris in such way could stop Hunters and cars from using the chokepoints and strictly keep it to foot soldiers.

To Albo's: If walls become permanent and non-destructible remove the ever long corridor you created and make a portcullis gate house design instead. This will create a chokepoint, but look more natural. The design is rather larger compared to all other Fed's we have or are proposed. Possibly a good thing, maybe a bad thing? Definitely makes the Defenders spread out and thin, this possibly could flip tables to attackers once the assault begins.

Dante's: Remove strobe lights going up hill, I have a bad pc and many do. Also Epilepsy. Overall the design is good. Size looks good, terrain looks good. Its location on a hill does limit the attackers possibilities. Usually to take a fortified hill you need 3:1 advantage. Which I mean since the cops can spawn and come back as many times as they like certainly seems to fix that little downplay to the attacking side of going up hill 100% of the way. Also the interior lights should be pointing outward along the wall. Lighting up the interior makes it impossible for people to see out with NVG, pushing the lights looking out looks more realistic than how they are positioned and where they are pointing.

Roz's: I liked your idea of an outside perimeters fence then an inner wall. Terrain choice was good, on a hill. But it seems sparse of building and interior placement. All of your stuff seemed place along the perimeter of the interior wall rather than line of site breakers in middle. Like some of the other designs we have seen. Look at Dante's and Albo's there buildings are located in open areas and along the wall. Your's seemed glued to wall which looks, I don't know how to say it, unnatural.

Overall all designs are honourable mentions. I would like to see the changes I mentioned personally, but for now I would have to go with Albo's. Major quirk is the walls being destructible (make them non-destructible and add synthetic holes with debris to stop vehicles from going thru) and the long corridor you created. Shorten it to about 50m and make a portcullis style gate.

• Like 2

I agree with Tyler on almost everything, and my decision is also Albo. +1

Its more practical and flashy than any of the other feds and the location is a good area making it challenging for both sides, but as tyler said fix the walls man.  Other than that good job all.

Just letting you know and thank you for the review @@Tyler mine was made to be sparse and to be more simple than say a military compound, And you did notice I stuck to the perimeter, this is so that people will use most of the buildings and hills there are around and in the walls of the fed. Urban combat sucks in ArmA

Go over it and check it out maybe you do not see where I am coming from but again thank you!

• Like 1

To all three videos... Why have good perimeter walls and synthetically created chokepoints when they are useless because of the ability to knock them down? You can create open portions of the wall for foot mobiles by turning some pieces over or creating fake destruction along the wall, (albo I think I saw this in your video) positioning fake debris in such way could stop Hunters and cars from using the chokepoints and strictly keep it to foot soldiers.

Dante's: Remove strobe lights going up hill, I have a bad pc and many do. Also Epilepsy. Overall the design is good. Size looks good, terrain looks good. Its location on a hill does limit the attackers possibilities. Usually to take a fortified hill you need 3:1 advantage. Which I mean since the cops can spawn and come back as many times as they like certainly seems to fix that little downplay to the attacking side of going up hill 100% of the way. Also the interior lights should be pointing outward along the wall. Lighting up the interior makes it impossible for people to see out with NVG, pushing the lights looking out looks more realistic than how they are positioned and where they are pointing.

Good catch, I didn't even think about how the lights would impact NVGs! If my design is selected I can remove the red/blue lights, however, I don't think there is a risk of epilepsy because of them (granted I'm not a doctor but they flash relatively slowly). In regards to the walls, most portions can't be knocked inwards in my federal reserve. From what I've tested, you need to hit them at 50+km/h with a large truck in order to knock them over. This can be extremely difficult to do in many areas such as the side closest to the dirt road because you lose a lot of speed going up the hills. On the flip side, robbers can semi-easily knock the walls outwards if they drive along the entrance's road and then turn towards the side closest to the real dome. This can also be changed if my design is chosen. Overall the walls are mostly there for realism but most importantly are to require flanking attackers to enter in through weak spots as opposed to appearing/disappearing into the forest to never be seen again (this also applies to robbers)

• Like 1

Not supposed to be on an island @zoon

• Like 1

very very very veeeeeeeeeeeeeeery awesome!!!!! love the designs! good luck guys and cant wait to see the winning fed in the game!

• Like 1

4 Hours left for voting.

Voting closed, winner chosen.

• Like 2