Sign in to follow this  
Portal2TheMoon

other First times

Today I'd like us all to talk about a topic I know we all hold near and dear.

Video games

Lets discuss a few things with this topic

1. what you believe is the best game out currently. so like best recent release.
  2. what was the first game you played .
  3. what gaming is to you and why you do it.

I of course, will start us off.

​Recently it seems to me not a whole lot of noteworthy games have been released on the market that didn't involve either guns, or... well yeah guns. There have been a few games I've noticed like one called Stardew Valley it's a pretty simple game where you play a farmer, I've been enjoying it. Away from my personal opinion I believe the best game of this past season (2015) was Fallout 4. Between all the top sellers like Rocket league, Ark, and many others, this one seems to be the most backed in positive opinions. 

As far back as i can remember the first game i ever played, and kept playing over and over was... and i cant remember the exact name but it had to do with Spongebob Squarepants. I would play this constantly on my Nintendo Gameboy. That was my first memorable game and what I believe got me into all this.

Gaming to me is... A chance to live another life. Simply put. You turn on whatever machine and boot up whatever game or insert whatever disc or cartridge and within minutes you can be one of so many things. A world class athlete, a solider doing his duty, some poor soul being hunted by a monster, a guy trying to live off the land and build a home for himself, and just so many others. It's truly a wonderful experience and we are so lucky to get to experience it everyday. thats what gaming is to me.

• Like 1

Phhhh I enjoy Rocket League, GMOD, DayZ and Arma 3 right now lol. Arma might be at the top of the list but that's what I'm playing right now.

First game I played was either an OG Sonic the hedgehog game or Age of Empires on a really old PC when I was like 6.

Gaming is a fun way to interact with my friends and a good way to pass time during the week or late night weekends.

1. Overwatch! It's not out yet but the beta was epic

2, Mario on the NES

3.Having fun and playing with others.

1. Dark Souls 3

2. the original Rainbow Six for PC

3. this one varies for me, certain games (usually anything PvP) i play purely for the competition either that or to play with friends just to have fun, other games like RPG's and survival games i play to build a character and develop  a story for said character.

1 - Either Ori and the Blind Forest, or Undertale

2 - Dr. Mario on the original Game Boy (1989)

3 - Gaming is literally my life. Its my job, its my hobby, and it is the best thing that has ever happened to me. Gaming allows me to not only enjoy myself, but make social connections while doing so. Over the many years I have been gaming, the one thing I have always liked best is the social aspects to games. Back in the N64 days, it was sitting down with friends in front of a Television. Now its enjoying online games with people from around the world. 

My first time was with this hooker...wait wrong first time. That'd be grand theft auto San Andrés on the PS2 when I was like 6.

• Like 1

1. Best recent release....Shit. Witcher 3, HoI4 (comes out June 6th this year, prediction) Too many to say or think of tbh

2. First game I really got into was Age of Empires 2 for the PC (I still own the discs, but now I own AoE 2: HD Edition from Steam :) ), the first game I played was a Playstation 1 Game called Army Men: Air Attack pictured here: So many good memories for both games. I still remember all the cheat codes for AoE 2 as well. (Robin Hood, cheese steak jimmies, howdoyouturnthisthingon, rock and roll, lumberjack) Good times..

Army_Men_Air_Attack_cover_art.jpg

3. Gaming was a fun thing for me early on. It did not take too much of my time. When my life turned upside down with family issues Gaming was a way for me to escape the real world and enter a different one. Where I would forget all of my problems and just play. Now it is just a natural part of me. I don't mind this either.