RisingRonin

To server or not to server...

Anybody got an idea for a server that the wonderful RGN community can enjoy together!? I had some idea but i'm curious if i'm on the same wave length as some other peeps!

DescriptiveLeafyIberianlynx-size_restricted.gif

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, RisingRonin said:

Anybody got an idea for a server that the wonderful RGN community can enjoy together!? I had some idea but i'm curious if i'm on the same wave length as some other peeps!

DescriptiveLeafyIberianlynx-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

Nothing specific comes to mind but if you're looking for something communal, it has to be a game isn't hyper-demanding (like ARK) and fall into one of two categories:

Category 1: A game that is relatively sandboxy/moddable. A game where there are many interactions available between the lone player and both the game and group. I'd suggest ARK if it wasn't so resource intensive, but other alternatives are minecraft (lord have mercy on my soul for uttering the name), windward (to some extent), or perhaps some kinda casual RP server on Rust. I'd also recommend you check out an upcoming RPG being made called shardsonline/legends of aria, because their whole premise is 1) it's gonna be "like oldschool RPGs" 2) it's gonna be highly moddable

Category 2: A game where you don't necessarily host a server but you set up a clan/guild/base for RGN bois, and we spread the religion of Spartan to the other players in the game. Could be relatively small teams playing short matches in things like Blackwake or Guns of Icarus, or could be relatively large teams playing the long conquest in things like Rust or any other game where you can establish a recognisable territory. Or perhaps, you could reach a compromise between the two and go for a game like planetside 2 (but not necessarily that CPU demanding, cashgrabbing pile of cancer) where matches technically have a time limit across a few hours/days/weeks but large organised groups get recognised as such within whatever mega-faction they pick.

Just my thoughts/suggestions, hope it helps

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Altis Life

edit: im actually joking, dont take me serious.

Edited by Bacon
  • Like 4

46 minutes ago, Big Blue/Reaper said:

Factorio, great teamwork building game

+1 that, however wipes should be done.

Posted (edited)

Altis Life

Edit: i'm not actually joking, Take me seriously.

Edited by William Ranger
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Isn't there already an altis life server up, hosted by someone else?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Posted (edited)

there's supposed to be :BrokeBack:

It's hard to do things when you're paid for them

Edited by Agony
  • Haha 2

Conan Exiles, Rotating PvP times instead of 100% PVE

Fortnite since its free and I said I would not play it, but i'd consider it