keaton

Bringing back Altis life?

Thoughts on bring back Altis life?  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Now i'm not sure where the best place would be to put this topic but i'll just throw it here why not :)

So I haven't been around in quite sometime, I sure some of you may remember me from the old server. Now I know all good things come to a end but this was some great times that i'd love to get backup and running. So what are everyone's opinions on bring back Altis life? Just out of curiosity I know it is not my decision on servers that are bought in this community but i'm just kinda curious on what you all think? I'd love to see RGN come together again and put a server up as it has been great success in the past with some good management and things to do it really seems to make this community like no other. Also, while we are on the topic if a server were ever to be brought back what would you guys like to see? For example, activities to do, designs, things to be implemented, etc. 

As I stated before this is not my decision to bring a server back but i'm just curious to see what you guys think as it has been great fun in the past, as this server tops all other. Ever since RGN shut down AL I've been missing it like crazy as I can never find a server to call home quite like RGN was. But in reality Altis life is what gave this community the great name it has today. 

Not my video but in remembrence of all the great times we have had.

Thanks for reading and please give your thoughts down below as I'd love to hear them :)

We have talked about this many times since it was taken down and it has always been a no from the majority of the community. Arma altis life has come and gone, very little people from the old staff team would want to even take part in a new server, myself included. During it's lifetime there was so much drama that came from it and none of us want that back, ever. We simply want a good community that we can come and game with others on and this is what RGN is now. We understand that there are people that really enjoyed our altis life server and we are grateful for that as we poured our hearts and souls into it, unfortunately, some of us poured too much into it and couldn't handle the stress and ended up leaving the community. I really do enjoy seeing these old videos as I have had some of my greatest memories on altis but unfortunately, altis on RGN is over.

• Like 2

No. You can try Renegade or Templar as they have made their own Altis life servers.

If you're feeling the need for role play. Reckless911 with their GTA rp is where its at. https://reckless911.com/

More role play in a single patrol in R911 than there was on the 2 years RGN spent with altis life. Just saying. People think it doesn't work-- but everyone has been roleplaying on GTA since San Andres multiplayer, and it was even more huge in GTA 4 on consoles and then when 4 hit the PC it exploded-- that's why things like LCPDFR and LSPDFR are around and the modding community is huge.

GTA rocks. Specifically our fivem server.

Honestly, I do miss it. The Community feels so empty without Altis Life. This has been talked about over and over but sometimes I miss the drama I miss the activity. I miss always seeing the donations. It feels like a big chunk of the community went when Altis Life passed away. I get that the population never kept up and honestly if there was a stable version I would not care if there were more updates I would just play it as is. Because that's just what it is. Altis Life brought me here and even though I have moved into GTA V RP I would love to see Altis Life again. From what I heard from founders. It was a lot of work. But I don't see any reason why it can't be up if people are willing to support it, even if it comes down to donations. I have never seen this community more active and more engaged until it shut down and everything went south. GTA V RP is good but it's not good enough I feel like you need a mix between the 2. The Majority of people came from Altis Life and when it shut down there were less people coming into the community. While there is no drama anymore it makes me miss it because the drama from people always gave me a problem I needed to help solve or I found it entertaining sometimes. I just feel like RGN is lost in a black hole of darkness since this happened. I don't mean that in a rude way but I've just not been doing so much around here since it went away. There are no more forum posts, no Altis Life events those were the best. Nothing to really get together and laugh at like buds. I get it will never come back and I respect the reason why but I don't think there will be another game that will tie the community together like Altis Life. It would have happened by now.  I lost a lot of friends when Altis Life went away a lot of people just wanted to leave it all behind they thought it was never going to come back. It's not worth holding something like Altis down and seeing more than 50 percent of the community go with it. Community's are listening to the people member or not they are part of this community. Their opinion should be heard and being lazy about something should never be an option. Put the server up for those who want it. Put the GTA V RP server up for those who want it. Content and expansion is what people want. Not removal and move on to 1 other thing. 

Edited by John Falcon

But all the community polls were against Altis Life @John Falconso we did listen to the community as well. Altis Life takes a tremendous amount of resources to manage and maintain. It was a decision that was fully thought out and was not rushed. We understand the ramifications, but we are a gaming community and not an Altis Life community. There are lots of games out there and a lot of members looking for others to play with. We are always trying to put up new servers so it's not like things have come to a halt here.

The amount of times a lethal was used in this video alone over a taser is a good enough explanation as to why it's a no. 

@keatonThank you for the mature approach on a sensitive topic.

I thought about what you posted, I sometimes feel it would be nice to try again, but the sole issue that personally bothers me is that I know once we did decide to bring altis back, it would die shortly after release due to people getting that 1 or 2 day fix, then waiting around for others to play so they can fill the server.    I know many say this would not happen but I've watched other communities that broke off to start altis, shortly dissipate interest in altis life.  During my time of being part of the discords, I always seen people waiting for others to get on but never got on themselves

Flash back to 2 or 3 years ago, and you naturally got online to play , to actually play and farm.    it was a gold mine if it was 1 or 2 people online so you can pull out your tempest device and farm and not worry about losing it.    Then as the day progressed the server started populating,. thats when many people would group up and then do the natural altis life thing of finding interactions.

I know many will see where I am coming from on the above, and I know some of you will contest it, but its the truth on what will unfold.    Many servers do not make the leap to popularity by "waiting on people to join" ,  even RGN would fail because I just know the interest to consistently play is over, people just are over all that comes with it.    

Unfortunately, I believe we will need a new game to play as a group in order to get the feeling back that your looking for, hopefully identity if they ever finish it, and if not, maybe a early release game that is based around cops / robbers.   Then people ask themselves why not GTA?   That is where I am at for the roleplay side of things. 

I think the community wants that single game to pull people together, but there just isn't a direct game that will pull 75% of the people to.   Maybe people should try ARK roleplay?   Yes we've tried it before, but maybe its something that would be good to get serious about.  Either way man, as sad as it seems, i think altis is dead not because of community choice (although we killed it) but more of people's interest and desire to play it for altis life, and not try playing it to populate a server / bring people together.  People are just burnt out on it is my 2 cents.  

But hey! I am open to idea's

@InfernalRageWhy can't patrols be done on Altis Life like they are on GTA V RP? We don't need to have it up all the time and it would still be fun to play now and then. I still get that it's a lot of work to maintain but it's better to have more than to lose something and leave it behind. Moving forward is a good thing but it is always nice to have some past in there too. Expand and growing is good having more options for the community is good. The poll may say no but there are many that are not looking at this topic that say yes and if they heard it was coming back.  I am for it always coming back but I understand you and the other founders reasoning behind why and that makes a lot of sense. 

I completely understand all of your reasons in not bringing it back. But I myself am much like @John Falcon I always come back to the community with hopes of one day seeing post saying Altis coming soon. Much like he had stated there will never be a game quite as good that can replace all the good fun we have had on Altis Life. Without Altis life this community to me just seems like a friend group. I love RGN to death but ever since we lost the server it just seems like the community is abandoned. Whenever I join the ts server i just see a few people throughout playing games but nothing like it used to be where you could always find dozens of people willing to play with you. Nothing will ever be able to replace the Altis Life that we love all the drama, reports, and suggestion topics it just seems so empty with out them. Arma is just a game that everyone seems to take at heart and everything they work for on the game seems personal and no other game will ever be able to replace it. 

But overall I understand your stand points, but I'd love for you guys to always keep it in mind as I do believe that it could really bring back great fun if it was just a winter server as it seems to lose interest in the summer months, which is understandable. I believe that if a server is to be brought back it should mainly be posted in the winter to save money over the summer and it can keep every one interested with a break and bring back great interest in the winter months. 

Thanks for taking your time to read my thoughts. If you ever decide to bring one back and need some help let me know I'd be more than willing to help you guys out ;)

Thanks, Keaton

Why don’t you just play on someone else’s server?

Why would that matter? The developer of the altis game mode stop developing it about 2 years ago

At this point the game everyone needs to be looking forward to in terms of a RP game is Identity (Developed by Asylum) the playerbase for Altis Life in North America is dead. The only region still able to populate servers are the EU servers, the most popular being some german server that maxs at 200 people daily.

There was a point in time where I'd be on board with Altis coming back because I played it religously, but after almost 4.5k hours of Altis Life the want for me to play it has died off, it's to the point where I'll get on and play it for a couple weeks and then I won't want to touch it for another couple of months, that's what it's looking like for everyone else that wanted to bring Altis back that broke off to start or join another community that wanted it back (Templar and Renegades) both servers had somewhat decent pop for a new server the first week or so after they released and at this point in time the servers are sitting empty. 

Personally for me I don't enjoy RP anything anymore and would rather play Rainbow Six all day.

If you are looking to roleplay on Arma 3, I suggest a modded server. Renegade / Templar failed as no-one (the owners) gave 2 shits after a month. Arma 3 roleplay is dying. It died years ago but has somehow managed to stay alive.

Now, for my part.

As I said above a3 roleplay has been dead since Frankie, Lirik, and those YouTubers stopped playing. You can argue that it didn't as a bunch of servers maintained pop but if you look at it big picture, I'm pretty sure BI has sold millions upon millions of copies of arma 3. Take the population of every life server every day after those YouTubers stopped playing and it's a small fraction of the general pop of arma 3.

I still ask myself why did it have to end but it just did. Nothing can go on forever.  I look back and wish I kept my old recordings but It's no use anymore. Just move on. I bought Arma 3 because I watched Lirik on his streams and wanted to play this magical game. I found RGN and joined. This past year has been one of the high points in my life. The staff on this server gave me a chance way too many times. I respect this. I respected that anyone could become a cop. I've fucked up alot and regret that because now that it's no more, I have a hole in my life. 

But, I've overcome this a little bit every day. @keaton RGN Altis Life is dead and it's not easy to say it but It's true. I still stick around because I know that something will bring me back to this community.

TL;DR - Altis life on Arma 3 is dead. So is arma 3 development (and bi has hinted at another arma so stick around and see what happens) I'll leave you with this.

Image result for the office i wish there was a way to know

The 2 other Arma communities died and Altis Life there really are no other good ones. This was the only normal one from what i've seen

Come join me on https://reckless911.com/ yes it is GTA. And no it does not suck. We're just about ready to start polishing the police force and doing training sessions every so often and having FTOs. Or if you just want to be a civ you can earn money to get cars and mod those cars, buy apartments if you really wanted to. Use these things you buy for role-play. OR Get a job in game and use that for your role play.

Typically civilians sit in teamspeak talking with eachother and coming up with things to do in game with eachother to interact and to engage the law. If not that then a lot of the role-play is natural and pretty funny.

The patrols are scheduled and that means the server is not up all the time, but that does not mean it wont get to that point in the future when we have more active members. So far everyone looks forward to the 1-2 patrols per week we have, they can last anywhere from 2-6 hours. If we could do it every night we would, but we're not there yet :)

• Like 1

altis is dead. im sorry for your loss

• Disagree 1

On 12/26/2017 at 10:47 PM, RisingRonin said:

No. You can try Renegade or Templar as they have made their own Altis life servers.

Renegade passed away due to careless Founders only doing it for the pop.

Edited by Adam Bello
  • Haha 1

@Adam Bello I know the other community is being forced to shut down their Altis Life due to something with noms.

sure was a hell of a lot of fun i will say that,

as for my opnion, sure i would love for it to come back, as the other altis servers just do not feel right,

so yes if RGN did bring it back i would certainly give it a go,