Sign in to follow this  
gvstaylor

911 Operator

Hey guys, I'm back with another review to share.

As you may all know, I spent 4 years as a 9-1-1 dispatcher for the city of pittsburgh area. So this game i found interesting with some good youtube videos on it.

The game is a strictly singleplayer game and fairly cheap on steam (14.99), I got it probably about a year ago now during a sale on steam. (Shocker) I usually play at-least and hour everytime I install a game to determine if I should get it refunded or not. And to my surprise I ended up spending 5 hours on it, from there, I played it in upwards of 20 hours offline (unrecorded by steam) as well as everyone at my Fire Station started playing it also. Now the interesting part about this game, is that you can search major cities and actually play them. So we have spent hours playing pittsburgh (they import the areas from google maps and it adjusts in, blah blah technical terms). Now not all cities are in it tho, But we really enjoyed the game and still put in unrecorded hours all the time on different save files. Different unit types have different capabilities, like police bikes, helicopters, ladder trucks etc... all have specialties of what they can do faster or carry. You can buy equipment for each unit to increase their efficiency and so on and so on.

Probably the most interesting part is throughout your "tours" 9-1-1 calls will come in and you will question each caller, and determine the response if any. Very in immersive. The only downside, is the same "callers" (voice actors) call over and over; and you can get the same call back to back to back at times.

If you are looking for a cheap and simple RTS game with a challenge, look no further than 911 Operator. It is 911 Operator Approved.

Great Review, I heard this was a great game but I do believe that it was not really liked all that well because of how repetitive the missions were.

I enjoyed the game, but I found it too easy to master.  After like 6 hours of playtime, I was able to complete any difficulty mission flawlessly.  I haven't played it in a while, so I'm not sure if they updated anything, but that was my one issue that I ran into.  

• Like 1

It does get a tad repetitive and tedious. I find myself only about to play about an hour so at a time