Sign in to follow this  
Kelfo

New to the Forums: Discord ID Synchronization!

6 posts in this topic

Hello Reckless Gamers,

Kelfo here, your favorite resident Goat, proudly announcing a new feature to the Reckless Network and the Reckless Forums:

Discord ID Synchronization!

Here are some important points to know about this new feature:

• The Discord ID is not your username. This is a lengthy number, for example, 73537559229112323. This number identifies you in Discord, even if you change your username, either on our server, or globally.
  • The Discord ID, as stored on our forums, is not public. You are able to edit it and view it, but nobody else can.
  • The forums will act as the primary synchronization method for your discord roles. As such, it is important to ensure your Discord ID on the forums is correct.

How to Acquire Discord ID and Set it in Profile

• Visit the Reckless Network Discord, and go to the rgn-bot-life channel.
  • In this channel, type "?whois" (without the quotes)
  • Copy the "ID" from the ID section of what is said by the bot.
  • Visit our forums, and go to your profile. (Click your avatar in the top right of the forums)
  • In the top right of your profile page, find the "Edit Profile" button. Click this.
  • Scroll down to the "Discord" section, and paste your ID in the "User ID" section.
  • Make sure there are absolutely no spaces or any other characters in this section. It must match the ID printed by the bot EXACTLY.

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions by responding to this thread or PM'ing me.

Beginning on Sunday, Nov 12, the forum-discord synchronization will become the primary method of Discord role setting. As such, your User ID must be present in your forum profile before then, or your Discord role will be temporarily removed until it is.

-Kelfo

• Like 3

Nice work man! appreciate this  and the work you've done!  

all done on my end

Nice Work Goats!

Edited by John Falcon

I went through and manually added everyone that is a senior member and below, you guys are all good! 

This may be a weird question, but "Why though?"

Far out dude. Thx