Sign in to follow this  
Peanut

Increase the cost of spawning after downed.

5 posts in this topic

I don't really understand why the cost of respawning after being downed is only 500$, it doesn't punish people for instantly respawning and ruining the RP event because they got caught/shot. I think the cost of respawning before the timer runs out should be something like 25,000$. Might not be a lot of money for the drug runners but for new people on the server that needs to learn the RP it's a lot of money and most of them shouldn't be able to afford it.

I'm not sure if your balance can go negative if you still do it without the money, but assuming it doesn't I think this change is needed.

Granted that we seriously lack EMT's at the moment and it might be a hassle to wait those five minutes but if we manage to get some more EMT's and people don't drive like maniacs and get downed when the server is empty then it shouldn't be an issue.

• Like 1

I feel like 10k isn't enough to prevent people from respawning, so far the people that have respawned instantly are drug runners and/or people with supercars that crashes after a chase and doesn't want to RP and I'm sure such people have plenty of money to spend and 10k is just pocket change for them. I can't remember what I got an hour from doing drug runs but it was more than enough to be able to spend 10k like it was nothing.

Of course, the system shouldn't be only against such people but at least in my experience so far it's only those people that instantly respawn.

But I guess we can start out at 10k and see if it changes the behavior.

Edited by Peanut

Yeah well I’d like the timer to work correctly then... the 3 minutes or whatever it says takes me 8-9 minutes because it doesn’t count down correctly.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Preacher said:

Yeah well I’d like the timer to work correctly then... the 3 minutes or whatever it says takes me 8-9 minutes because it doesn’t count down correctly.

Hmm, I never had that issue, I've always been able to respawn after the five minutes.