donbrandoniii3

ARMA 3 ALTIS LIFE!

33 posts in this topic

This picture was during a VDMer decided to VDM and blow up many people and we still kept playing. I am not lieing, but some people miss ARMA 3 Altis Life. Also, thanks for stopping the bad RP. EVERYONE. Post a picture of you when you were in the server as a fun memory. Thanks for participating. Have a good day.

107410_screenshots_20170813115622_1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't miss Altis Life 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Instead of saying you miss it.  Give us examples of why you miss it.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@David CrenshawPosts something from ALRP.

 

Here is my perspective of it. People liked Altis Life and it was good and all but things are different with GTA V RP and there is legit roleplay in that as well from what i've seen. to be honest @RonduthI would do a poll for people who want Altis Life back and if there is a decent amount that will play on it put it back up. How could it hurt and you know what if people like GTA V RP more than they just play that but at least it makes everyone happy having both servers up.  However I do miss altis life slightly but GTA V RP has made a different and it takes my mind off missing Altis but it would be nice to have both servers so nobody misses anything.

Edited by John Falcon
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The biggest thing I miss was just the overall interaction with so many people where the limits were endless. Let's face it nobody liked arma for super strict role play but instead they loved it because it was a lot more laid back with role play while at the same time using basic rules to keep things playable. 

Edited by Steve
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Steve said:

The biggest thing I miss was just the overall interaction with so many people where the limits were endless. Let's face it nobody liked arma for super strict role play but instead they loved it because it was a lot more laid back with role play while at the same time using basic rules to keep things playable. 

What??!! Not strict roleplay?! To the gallows with you 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@jamesshuler back when I first started playing, Lets face it he was probably yelling at me like he always did :Keppo:

shuler.thumb.jpg.691aab6a4ca16992de0630c58ef6fe6e.jpg

@Wolfy and @Marsendjiarresting me                                                                                                       @Ryan when he was just a little pubcop

wolfyandmars.thumb.jpg.f1eb11699861ad542c60a5abbac7a64f.jpgryan.thumb.png.d47079c4ea4c2a61a36ccc55aea34cf7.png

 

I have more I can post later 

 

Edited by Steve
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, John Falcon said:

@David CrenshawPosts something from ALRP.

 

Here is my perspective of it. People liked Altis Life and it was good and all but things are different with GTA V RP and there is legit roleplay in that as well from what i've seen. to be honest @RonduthI would do a poll for people who want Altis Life back and if there is a decent amount that will play on it put it back up. How could it hurt and you know what if people like GTA V RP more than they just play that but at least it makes everyone happy having both servers up.  However I do miss altis life slightly but GTA V RP has made a different and it takes my mind off missing Altis but it would be nice to have both servers so nobody misses anything.

Altis Life won't be returning , regardless of how many people it is, unfortunately we cannot adequately support something to the levels we once did.   Altis Life was a beast in its prime but it took a lot of structure to even be capable of maintaining the server of the 2 years.    I'll be honest, since GTA RP, I haven't thought about Altis Life and with all this talk from last night until today, I just do not have that desire personally myself.   

 

There's just a ton of work that goes into maintaining and running a populated RP server, I'd like to see our resources used on GTA RP

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with you all the way but I was just sticking up for people that really want the server back. I am interested to see where GTA V RP is going to go and what's in store for the future but IF at some point the majority of the community is going to want the server back, it's it's really up to you what you guys want to do because the less RGN has the more people could leave because they would get bored I would be content with the server even if it did not get updates anymore because I already like it the way it is as long as the eco and everything is balanced and fair. All that the server was missing imo was RP. I've forgotten about Altis Life too but now that I see this post regarding it I have thoughts for it somewhat again. 

11 minutes ago, Ronduth said:

Altis Life won't be returning , regardless of how many people it is, unfortunately we cannot adequately support something to the levels we once did.   Altis Life was a beast in its prime but it took a lot of structure to even be capable of maintaining the server of the 2 years.    I'll be honest, since GTA RP, I haven't thought about Altis Life and with all this talk from last night until today, I just do not have that desire personally myself.   

 

There's just a ton of work that goes into maintaining and running a populated RP server, I'd like to see our resources used on GTA RP

 

Edited by John Falcon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I missed the OLD Altis where people actually had fun and didn't bitch every two seconds. This Altis we had was just annoying, dull, and full of whiners and complaining people. I don't miss this Altis, but I did miss the OLD Altis.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Ronduth said:

Altis Life won't be returning , regardless of how many people it is, unfortunately we cannot adequately support something to the levels we once did.   Altis Life was a beast in its prime but it took a lot of structure to even be capable of maintaining the server of the 2 years.    I'll be honest, since GTA RP, I haven't thought about Altis Life and with all this talk from last night until today, I just do not have that desire personally myself.   

 

There's just a ton of work that goes into maintaining and running a populated RP server, I'd like to see our resources used on GTA RP

See putting it this way makes more sense. I am all for working on GTA now but I think completely and ignorantly blocking out the chance of ever having an Altis server in the future is just a horrible idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this is GSN but I thought it would be cool to share

7E857D0B3F9C625C652C50441984322582290687

Edited by Marsendji

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

C235EEB29F018B424C3CDF4852D762A21B6CA734

EF9B7015E14A9B2F09FD9FB48B8C58ABFAAC72D4

330FC392A5B2AFD533311BBB839EE59F3347603D

9606A6374EF808828F55BE8742EE30019F3E2928

481A805C3A58D8814384C73A5B159B4D3D346632

 

2016-01-03_00001.jpg

Edited by John
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Steve said:

@jamesshuler back when I first started playing, Lets face it he was probably yelling at me like he always did :Keppo:

shuler.thumb.jpg.691aab6a4ca16992de0630c58ef6fe6e.jpg

@Wolfy and @Marsendjiarresting me                                                                                                       @Ryan when he was just a little pubcop

wolfyandmars.thumb.jpg.f1eb11699861ad542c60a5abbac7a64f.jpgryan.thumb.png.d47079c4ea4c2a61a36ccc55aea34cf7.png

 

I have more I can post later 

 


LMAO, I didnt realize anyone had pictures of me back in the pubby days ;D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh god lmao, I can only imagine how cringey Pub Cop Ryan was

@Steve

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing I miss the most is op4 roleplaying. I loved it when they'd shoot you because you didn't sing to their standards.

I miss the stop or die

I miss the 15 fucking rpd hunters for 1 guy fleeing from a robbery.

I miss when someone would join my channel and be mad at me because I killed them.

I miss the lag, and server crashes

I miss the pubbies being corrupt.

I miss the high quality roleplay from the RPD

I miss being fucked with because I wasn't 16.

I miss beating a dead horse.

I miss killing off all of rpd with one of my friends I would just randomly find.

I miss cops fail rping.

I miss Altis Life.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I miss Altis Life. 

I honestly miss administrating the server as well, it is so much fun. I would like to thank @Simon for allowing me to administrate the server.

I miss being a cop for 15+ hours a week.

I don't miss waiting 2 hours for a pub slot in the old Altis.

I miss the decent RP that I encounter. 

I miss yelling at the pubbies every day.

I love teaching new comers for over 2+ hours on how RP works on Altis.

I miss the shootouts, they were intense and enjoyable.

Altis is how I found the community and that was one of the reasons I love the community for it for.

It somewhat matured me, I know in the Discord I may be a little immature but when it comes to serious manners, I don't fuck around. Like a situation in Teamspeak.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't miss altis. it was good decision to get rid of it. But i do have pictures i can post.

 

545C464D5DEEB063D87546B20E6AA4E4B5F8A7C6

 

4DFF866AC591F2824C9FED3FCC297DD93468EBC4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

59def48559136_download(1).thumb.jpg.e416cc78aad92473c45819b13b17567c.jpg

 

 

I miss doing this to the cops.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Steve said:

59def48559136_download(1).thumb.jpg.e416cc78aad92473c45819b13b17567c.jpg

 

 

I miss doing this to the cops.

I remember this shit, I was pissed off so we gathered up all the cops cars after my ifrit got chopped when my game was shitting the bed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now