Wipe Frequency Poll

Frequency of Wipes  

12 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. How often should the Server Wipe?

• Every Week (Weekly)
    • Every 2 Weeks (Bi-Weekly)
    • Every Month (Monthly)

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/08/2017 at 12:00 AM

18 posts in this topic

I'd start playing more if it wasn't vanilla, I absolutley hate vanilla rust. With a bi-weekly reset we could up the gather rate to at least 3x or 4x

23 minutes ago, Eagles said:

I'd start playing more if it wasn't vanilla, I absolutley hate vanilla rust. With a bi-weekly reset we could up the gather rate to at least 3x or 4x

I am current working with Razzy to Develop the Rust server and make it popular We were thinking a Biweekly with x2 Multiplier with a few adjustments/balances to components and items from loot crates and barrels.

Nobody wants to restart over and over it's just a waste of time. Not worth it.

7 hours ago, Xrellik said:

I am current working with Razzy to Develop the Rust server and make it popular We were thinking a Biweekly with x2 Multiplier with a few adjustments/balances to components and items from loot crates and barrels.

If your going to work on that, maybe you should research the good RUST servers, and see if we can mimic it somehow and how we can help achieve it to be more popular.  ALso the people that play I see about 4-10 online, maybe they would have input, should hop on and get them on discord to get there involvement.    

By increasing the crafting/building/materials, and resetting 2 weeks, your calling for an all out war of PVP, which is fine, but is that what will make it popular? I dunno, just may be good to do some more market research and design it around what "works"

just my 2 cents

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Eagles said:

The reason it is vanillia is because daffy and chow were tired of updating mods when no one played the server so there was no point in keeping it updated so they set it back to vanilla.

16 minutes ago, Burka said:

The reason it is vanillia is because daffy and chow were tired of updating mods when no one played the server so there was no point in keeping it updated so they set it back to vanilla.

You just have to get the right mods a lot of players like not heavily modded servers so it's going to be as close to vanilla as possible but still have mods and be x2-4 rates I know we can get a player base to the rust server if we do it this way 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Falcon said:

Nobody wants to restart over and over it's just a waste of time. Not worth it.

Most Rust servers have bi weekly wipes.

1 hour ago, Eagles said:

Most Rust servers have bi weekly wipes.

^^^^^^^^^^

2 hours ago, Ronduth said:

If your going to work on that, maybe you should research the good RUST servers, and see if we can mimic it somehow and how we can help achieve it to be more popular.  ALso the people that play I see about 4-10 online, maybe they would have input, should hop on and get them on discord to get there involvement.    

By increasing the crafting/building/materials, and resetting 2 weeks, your calling for an all out war of PVP, which is fine, but is that what will make it popular? I dunno, just may be good to do some more market research and design it around what "works"

just my 2 cents

Rust is a PVP based game. I spoke to the only 4 Active people that have been playing recently they all say that "the server had population at the start of the wipe but now its dead" yes thats just how rust works the start of the wipes is when the population is higher then throughout the rest of the wipe. And the reason for that is everyone is starting on an equal playing field the second they spawn and it is up to you the player to survive and thrive in the conditions and challenges the games throws at you and those who dont do so well and keep dying hit leave server and dont play the rest of the wipe its just the natural cycle of rust wipes at this current time for rust. I asked those 4 people that are still active and they said Bi Weekly would be good with them they just want the Population up.

This is how the server looks with Monthly Wipes
Untitled.thumb.png.3b779bde8875556cf60223f058f40589.png
This is how I think it would look with Bi-Weekly Wipes
Untitled1.thumb.png.2587919ce051dda7b24658ad1d443172.png

Edited by Xrellik
  • Like 1

@John FalconI'd love to know what you meant when you quoted me but decided to hide the post because I don't quite see how ARMA can even be brought into this conversation.

I gave you a statement that most rust servers wipe every 2 weeks and even Xrellik agreed with me, so if you can prove me wrong on that statement by all means go ahead.

@EaglesYes I did hide it because what I said was not relevant anymore, yes I could have just edited it but I had nothing else to say to you about this so I hided it. Originally I thought this was referring to Arma since that's what seems to be the most popular server on RGN. Nobody likes a wipe on that server but I was confused by this whole topic. Not now but since I don't play rust anymore I don't have much of a say. 

2 hours ago, John Falcon said:

@XrellikDoes anyone even play on the Rust server?

More people play Rust then Altis Life at this current time.

Edited by Xrellik

2 hours ago, Xrellik said:

More people play Rust then Altis Life at this current time.

Interesting, I am not talking about servers world wide we are keeping this at RGN Servers correct?

1 hour ago, John Falcon said:

Interesting, I am not talking about servers world wide we are keeping this at RGN Servers correct?

Yeah more people play on the Reckless Rust Server than the Altis server