Yami

Official Dark and Light Server Suggestions!

8 posts in this topic

Yami    228

Hello everyone and welcome, 

Being that the server is starting to gain popularity, both within RGN and outside of RGN, I have begun to think quite a bit about some PvE/RP things that could be implemented!

Now, the majority of these are rough around the edges and could definitely use some refinement and adjusting with the help of the Dark and Light community within RGN so I'm posting them publicly for criticism and feedback. 

PvE/RP Oriented Guilds/Groups inside of the game: 

Constables/Knights of the Realm:

1. Defend NPC's/Players from Wildlife and Malicious intent from other players
  2. Wear heavy armor, and wield Lionguard shields and swords
  3. Uniform  and code of conduct strictly enforced
  4. Potential Rank structure/Hierarchy

Rangers/Striders:

1. Potential scouting group for players
  2. Hire/Contract to find certain creatures for taming with level requirements
  3. Hire/Contract to locate bases of other players for intelligence gathering purposes. 

Huntsman:

1. Fur and Hide trading
  2. Leather armor crafting and selling to new players
  3. Potentially roaming/traveling traders

Farmers:

1. Sales of crafting food, farming supplies and farmed items
  2. Stands located in cities with preset player prices for in game bartering/currency

At the moment, those are just a few ideas I've come up with to maybe enhance the server slightly.  If anyone has any questions/suggestions/feedback, please feel free to post it and we can iron out details and add to the list. 

@MiAtCh@Touri@jamesshuler @Gewchie

Edited by Yami
  • Like 2

Eagles    1,101

With this post yall make me want to get this game :huh:

Touri    127

You should Eagles! It's definitely got potential. They just did a hotfix today to fix one of the biggest issues with the game - hit boxes/harvesting. There are already patch notes for a huge update soon to fix more issues so they're actively working on it. As long as it continues with this trend, I think it will be an awesome game.

Argen    0

Yea - within minutes of playing you can tell this is going to be a HUGE game, it's just in it's nascent stages is all.  Hitbox/harvesting fix was great.  There are still some issues; long loading times, unstable framerates, creature ai and pathing, and general optimization.  That said, these are nothing unexpected in an early access title and they hardly make the game unplayable.

To get back on topic though - yea Yami those sound like great ideas.  I think it would be great fun to host a Ranger/monster-monster-hunting-for-hire crew out of my inn.

MiAtCh    502

ive already been doing the ranger/strider thing with the finding and taming animals lol

i like all of those suggestions but i also think that there should be an option for people to be uninvolved with any of the raiding etc, even though they can now say PvE in their name, i think they should be forced to do everything pve only and not be allowed to take part in any of those ideas mentioned above because that'd take away from actual pvp players and those who will RP.

Argen    0

The trouble is, without people playing the other factions as well, they lose their relevance.

For example - if everyone is taming everything regardless of level, then why would they need ranges/monster hunters?
BUT if there was a farmer character who wasn't militant and his base were attacked by, say, a couple of panthers, then they might see the benefit of heading over to Harlen's Rest and hiring some rangers to put down those roaming predators.   And those Rangers might see the benefit, in turn, of, instead of killing, taming those panthers, crafting them saddles and selling them as mounts to the knights of the realm who could in turn use their newfound might to better police the realm against a bandit faction.

The point is, without some fairly strict RP which prevents everyone from doing everything, there's no need for specialized factions to exist.

Argen    0

There's also the issue of using a currency in  a game where it is likely easier to make the product yourself than it is to generate the currency.

Yami    228
2 hours ago, Argen said:

There's also the issue of using a currency in  a game where it is likely easier to make the product yourself than it is to generate the currency.

Yea. you're definitely correct there.  Time to do .25% gathering/taming/leveling experience!