Kelfo

Reckless WoW v2.0?

21 posts in this topic

I know what you're thinking.

"BUT GOATS! The last time we played WoW you told us how awesome you were and how you wanted to be a raid leader again but then you never did anything!"

You're right. I didn't. But this time I will.

After being continuously subscribed to World of Warcraft since 2010 (RIP wallet), and after nearly 2 years of infrequent playing, I'm BACK! Over the past 2 weeks, I've been working hard on my two main characters (Resto Shaman and Tank DH), to item levels 880 and 840. I'm looking to get into regular and consistent raiding again, and have been doing a number of Normal and some Heroic raids on the Nighthold, the next most recent raid to drop.

Now, with the release of the newest raid, I'm looking for a more dedicated and regular group to play with rather than PuG groups.

The guild I've been in for 7 years is pretty much dead, and I'm having a tough time finding a new one that is active enough on my realm.

SO!

Who's willing to join me? I'm currently on the Alliance on Drak'thul, with a total of 4 high level characters on that realm; moving realms is not something I'm particularly fond of doing at this point given my financial situation, but I'm willing to work with you.

I also have two Hordie 110's, but they aren't geared very well.

Sounds like fun but never played WoW Before. 

Probably a solid no from me, nothing against you

52 minutes ago, John Falcon said:

Sounds like fun but never played WoW Before. 

1 minute ago, Tristan said:

Probably a solid no from me, nothing against you

If you haven't played WoW previously, I don't expect you to pick it up now, this is more of a rally call to those who have before to join me in raiding as the Legion expansion continues.

Or guild wars 2 which is free, as in no sub and no in game currency cost required to login to a game that is going to seem like a chore.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

oh well, anyways, good luck finding people! i''m sure you will. (No Sarcasm intended)

Edited by John Falcon

Just now, Goats said:

If you haven't played WoW previously, I don't expect you to pick it up now, this is more of a rally call to those who have before to join me in raiding as the Legion expansion continues.

I've played before with touri and gewchie and the rest, went on a raid. But coming back is a no

1 minute ago, RisingRonin said:

Or guild wars 2 which is free, as in no sub and no in game currency cost required to login to a game that is going to seem like a chore.

I've looked into that game previously (back when it wasn't free), but I need to look into it some more! I have two primary concerns with that game:

1. It's another MMO. They take a lot of time, as everyone knows, and after putting 50+ days worth of time into my main WoW character, it's tough to consider leaving it all to start fresh somewhere else.
  2. It's free. MMO's are expensive and cost money, and so it concerns me that there may be various things like cosmetic items and otherwise that I typically dislike in games.
2 minutes ago, John Falcon said:

oh well, anyways, good luck finding people! i''m sure you will.

Thank you!

2 minutes ago, Tristan said:

I've played before with touri and gewchie and the rest, went on a raid. But coming back is a no

K

Well as long as you give it a legit chance and not try some stupid bullshit like ronduth, in sure you'll enjoy it.

ronduth tryed this a couple weeks ago, it was me, him, exotic, and bob but after a week i was the only one playing. the idea of wow is awesome but staying interested in a game most people played since vanilla is hard

• Like 1

After a week @Goats will be back to playing HOTS. Guaranteed.

2 minutes ago, SomeoneYouLike said:

After a week @Goats will be back to playing HOTS. Guaranteed.

I still play HOTS daily - I generally don't "no life" a single game, rather I dedicate a lot of time to one but alternate between many. 

if my harddrive was bigger i would :C i just have no motivation to go to a diff hardrive

4 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

if my harddrive was bigger i would :C i just have no motivation to go to a diff hardrive

That is quite possibly the lamest excuse from a gamer I have ever heard.

"I'd love to join you on this game, but, oh shucks, I'm out of hard drive space and don't want to get another".

Demerit to you for lack of gamer spirit.

:P

hahaha, i mean. i might if I wasnt in the process of saving money...

22 hours ago, Texas said:

ronduth tryed this a couple weeks ago, it was me, him, exotic, and bob but after a week i was the only one playing. the idea of wow is awesome but staying interested in a game most people played since vanilla is hard

amen Texas.  sounds so good but its a job to stay engaged

On 7/5/2017 at 0:27 PM, Goats said:

They take a lot of time, as everyone knows, and after putting 50+ days worth of time into my main WoW character

Yeah after putting 180+ days into my main, and another 80+ days into my other characters it's a solid maybe from me.  I gotta make sure an entire year of my life is devoted to one game.

On 7/5/2017 at 1:27 PM, Goats said:

I've looked into that game previously (back when it wasn't free), but I need to look into it some more! I have two primary concerns with that game:

1. It's another MMO. They take a lot of time, as everyone knows, and after putting 50+ days worth of time into my main WoW character, it's tough to consider leaving it all to start fresh somewhere else.
  2. It's free. MMO's are expensive and cost money, and so it concerns me that there may be various things like cosmetic items and otherwise that I typically dislike in games.

It's a free game, that was developed and brought to market with all of the resources of a paid title.  It also has a thriving marketplace with items that are fashion or quality of life based.

Can you explain how the game having "cosmetic items" is concerning?  It's the best way to allow for a cash shop without the game being pay to win where you can literally buy gear.  Does it negatively impact your opinion of a game if they have cosmetic items available for purchase?  

Until wow goes free to play I won't be trying it for quite some time. Or I'll maybe try it if they do a huge update that drastically changes the game as it is now. It's not that I hate wow, I just can't justify paying 15 a month for it or do the horrible task of farming enough gold to cover the monthly cost. 

You should try out guild wars 2. It is free so you can try it out pretty extensively before deicing if you like it. Of course, if you really get into it you will want to buy the $30 expansion. You also need this to raid. Still $30 is a one time fee that you'd rack up in just 2 months playing in wow.

I really would say that in my opinion, Blizzard should drop WoW and make a new MMO from the bottom up and release and just retire that tired engine and poorly textured dinosaur that is WoW.  It'd be much more attractive to new and returning players. 

i'm "may" try to play closer to next expansions, but i'll be going back horde to my hardcore lifestyle "if" I go back, which is still way up in the air.